Lucky Brand is true blue American. Born and bred in Los Angeles, Lucky shipped its first pair of vintage-inspired jeans in 1990 and quickly became known as a pioneer and innovator in the world of modern denim. Synonymous with the easy Southern California lifestyle and the fearless American spirit, Lucky Brand creates great fitting, good quality, distinctively Lucky jeans and fashion that works with the American lifestyle. Our collections are carried at better department and specialty stores and over 200 of our company-owned stores across the U.S.A., as well as online at LuckyBrand.com. Rooted in Americana, Lucky Brand is inspired by active Californian types like surfers, cowboys, artists, musicians, and photographers, as well as anyone who embodies our fun-loving, friendly vibe.
The Associate Manager, Product Development is responsible for effectively managing the product development process of assigned categories with key stake holders across Design, Merchandising, Production and vendors to consistently deliver production-ready garments that meet quality, design intent and financial goals.
The Associate Manager can expect to gain experience across multiple product categories as they grow in this role. Perfecting technical aptitudes, engaging leadership and creative problem solving become increasingly important for success as one progresses through the Lucky Brand career path.
• Maintains on time development of product
• Builds calendar and tracks adherence to ensure timely turnover of development, receipt of proto and market samples.
• Monitors calendar weekly to promote flow of designs and materials and takes corrective action to accelerate late development and issues that would cause delays. Apprises management of items adversely affecting calendar
• Locate viable trend, budget, and quality appropriate materials and vendors to expand brand offering.
• Continually sources affordable, trend appropriate materials for use in line through direct supplier contact, tradeshows, factories, and agents. Visits retail and factories regularly to stay abreast of material and construction trends applicable to the brand
• Develops materials with suppliers based on design direction, within design esthetic and budget.
• Sources alternate manufacturing venues to achieve design, production, product development, merchandising and financial strategies and to maintain a balanced factory base for adequate capacity and technique options.
• Schedules supplier fairs for material options in line with the development calendar. Strong cross-functional relationships with Merchandising, Design as well as Production and Tech
• Manage the flow of specs, proto, and sample materials for timely, accurate, and profitable execution of product designs.
• Recommends enhancements to designs and materials that will maintain esthetic and achieve financial goals. Reviews and resolves designs that cannot be achieved within these constraints
• With design input, awards development to factories capable of fully executing our design esthetic, desired quality, and costing goals, while balancing factory portfolio to avoid dependence on any one resource
• Attends and participates in all concept, development, market and trend meetings for the brand
• Reviews and communicates style and material minimums and lead-times to design, merchandising, and production. Negotiates advantages terms with all suppliers for same.
• Track and review proto samples initial costing
• Tracks all Line Adoption samples and SRS samples within time constraints. Update merchandising regularly on sample status.
• Communicates daily with suppliers on changes to specs, standards, and aids in interpreting design needs.
• Schedules and tracks pre-production samples to ensure exact execution of final design spec.
• Quantifies adoption rates for each category for review with management, merchandising, and design.
• Work in all stages of product development of knits/ sweaters
• Set up excel cost charts and enter all proto/sample costing
• Follow up and track all Lab dip, handloom, strike off, washing, after treatment and trim submits
• Analyze, negotiate costing and plts (time and action calendars) with vendors and agents
• Monitor early fabric commits
• Collaborate on all chase orders
• Special projects COSTING: Achieves and exceeds margin goals while maintaining design integrity.
• Ensures to communicate target costs to factories to aid in developing within budget.
• Negotiates material and finished goods cost on timely basis.
• Maintains accurate costing sheets
• Travels as needed to achieve sourcing, costing and development needs
• Work with Design Team to use liabilities when possible.
• As needed, works closely with production to resolve delivery issues arising from development.
Minimum educational level:
• College degree in relevant major
• 2-5 years’ experience in product development
• Varied background working with Men, Women, Kids preferred
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve
• Excellent organizational skills
• Initiative/sense of urgency
• Ability to interact with multiple departments and associates at all different levels
• Strong costing, fabrication and negotiation skills preferred
• Ability to proactively self-prioritize workflow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Attention to Detail
• Proficient in windows-based software such as Excel and Word
• Visual acuity
• Sit for extended periods of time in one position
• Ability to stand and maintain mobility for long periods of time during a fit session
• Possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
• Ability to lift an adult dress form when adding or removing a garments (35lbs)