Lucky Brand is true blue American. Born and bred in Los Angeles, Lucky shipped its first pair of vintage-inspired jeans in 1990 and quickly became known as a pioneer and innovator in the world of modern denim. Synonymous with the easy Southern California lifestyle and the fearless American spirit, Lucky Brand creates great fitting, good quality, distinctively Lucky jeans and fashion that works with the American lifestyle. Our collections are carried at better department and specialty stores and over 200 of our company-owned stores across the U.S.A., as well as online at LuckyBrand.com.
Rooted in Americana, Lucky Brand is inspired by active Californian types like surfers, cowboys, artists, musicians, and photographers, as well as anyone who embodies our fun-loving, friendly vibe.
The Merchandiser will provide analytical and statistical data that supports the development of seasonal merchandise line plans.
· Develop and drive seasonal strategies that meet financial targets and aligns to the divisional strategy
· Provide thorough and meaningful analysis of departmental businesses and effectively articulate learning’s to cross-functional partners. Identify risks and opportunities based on analysis and make recommendations for reacting to current business
· Create and articulate departmental seasonal line plans to guide design, product development and production and support divisional objectives
· Merchandise and present seasonal product assortments that meet financial targets and maximize divisional objectives
· Rank styles based on historical and current product performance
· Recommend pricing strategies for product categories that align with brand positioning
· Provide monthly receipt reconciliation and review departmental sales, receipt flow, inventory, and margin projections for monthly Open to Buy meetings
· Create and maintain accurate assortment sheets and buy plans. Communicate changes to appropriate business partners on an on-going and timely basis.
· Run weekly cross-functional and open issues meetings with production and design ensuring attention to detail throughout the entire product development cycle. Ensure timely recapping and updating as a result of weekly meeting.
· Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of customer base through participation in field conference calls, frequently visiting stores and constantly reaching out for direct consumer feedback.
· Maintain and demonstrate constant understanding of the competitive environment
· Build relationships with direct and indirect cross functional partners: design, production, planning, allocation, marketing, visual.
· Participate in fitting garments and reviewing product details to ensure execution meets design aesthetic and remains commercially viable.
· Assist in entering of markdowns and promotions (MA responsibility)
Minimum educational level:
· Bachelors Degree required
· 5 years of retail buying experience
· One year experience at assistant merchandiser level
· Visual acuity